Creamy Crab Rangoon DipDecatur Macpherson
Crab rangoon is one of the things we order most when we get take-out. If you haven’t tried it or even heard of it, crab rangoon is a crispy, fried pocket of creamy goodness, filled with a crabmeat and cream cheese combo that will make you drool. We’d only had them at Chinese restaurants, but we figured we could easily whip up the creamy filling at home…and then instead of dealing with frying individual pockets, why not leave the perfections as is and serve it as a dip?! We grabbed our trusty slow cooker for this and came up with a delicious dip that was devoured once we put it on the table. Put down the Chinese menu and hang up the phone, you can make easily this crab rangoon masterpiece at home!
Crab Rangoon Dip
Yield: approx. 5 cups
- 12 oz. imitation crab meat
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, garnish
- crackers, garnish
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and crab meat in slow cooker.
- Add powdered sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and green onions, then use a wooden spoon to mix together.
- Place cover on slow cooker and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours, or until creamy. Stir in the middle to make sure everything is completely combined.
- Take sourdough bread and cut top off. Scoop out center of bread, leaving 1/2-inch bread all around the sides, and pour crab rangoon dip into the center.
- Serve immediately with crackers and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Crock Pot Ladies